… is the title of a research study carried out by Forrester Research and commissioned by Microsoft. The study shows the following results:
Interesting ROI rates, a short breakeven point (lower than 18 months) and the above mentioned table 1 (source: Forrester Research, Inc.) mention that there is some upfront investment needed which would however pay off within comparably short time.
Forrester carried out interviews among 11 organizations (that were selected by Microsoft). The following customer organizations were interviewed:
Source: Forrester Research, Inc.
Main reasons for the adoption of SharePoint 2010 were:
- Flexible collaboration platform, responding to changes
- Reduce maintenance through consolidation of existing tools
- Support team activities on single platform
- Documents and records management
- Deploy ECM platform
- Take advantage of user familiarity w/ MS Office apps
I think these are valid reasons, and some of them have been also named in the AIIM study that I wrote about before: AIIM Study: SharePoint 2010 Adoption for ECM.